Search

Supporting UDL with GAFE (Ulearn14)

Started by Monika Kern 09 Oct 2014 10:29am () Replies (5)

I had the pleasure to present to a groups of passionate educators at Ulearn14 about Supporting Universal Design for Learning with Google Apps for Educations. It would be great if we could continue the discussions here on the VLN!

Replies

• stenty42 (View all users posts) 11 Oct 2014 8:47pm ()

I wasn't a part of that outbreak, though have experience in GAFE. Do you mind sharing some of the ideas to get the ball rolling?

• Roxy Hickman (View all users posts) 13 Oct 2014 12:04pm ()

Hi Monika, 

Can you share a little more about what you presented at #ULearn14 with us in this forum? It would be great to have a look at any resources that you shared within your workshop. 

I particularly like that GAFE has so many add-ons that support learners, with Read&Write one supporting accessibility for many students.  

• linda Ojala (View all users posts) 25 Nov 2014 2:42pm ()

Hi Monika

It was great to be able to go back into the ULearn resources and do some rewindable learning by looking through your slides.

I have just started using the Read&Write Google extension.   Although after the 30 days you loose many of the features but the ability to have the text read so easily to you is still a big bonus.  Initially I have just started with a group of target students in my class.  It makes many more resources accessible for them. 

Read and Write Icon     

• Roxy Hickman (View all users posts) 01 Dec 2014 10:47am ()

Thanks Lynne for the links and the review.

It is great to have a place here in the VLN to go to find out more and ask specific questions relating to Assistive Technologies

Roxy

Join this group to contribute to discussions.