Search

Leading e Learning

• Public
Started by Larissa Hogan 03 Jul 2016 8:31pm () Replies (3)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!  Being involved in introducing and leading a new Blended e-learning curriculum team in our school it would have been great to see these clips before hand.  The hindsight is that I would have handled things very differently!  Getting teachers to believe in the purpose of introducing a new technology - for the greater good of learning for our ako - is much better than passing on the information that this is an expectation to use (which is what we had been told from our Principal!).  This clip was really interesting, informative and easy to listen to.   I am going to take this back to our blend e-learning team and try to turn back time - maybe we will be more successful in this area!

Replies

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 04 Jul 2016 3:40pm ()

Hi Larissa

I wonder if you could share the clips you are referring to.  Sorry I may have missed a previous post but I would love to see the clips.

Thanks

Tash smiley

• Anna Stockman (View all users posts) 04 Jul 2016 5:13pm ()

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for your thoughts on leading change in e-learning.  I loved Cheryl Doig's clip about how to go about leading change in e-learning.  Her thoughts about getting commitment and ownership in this area really struck a chord with me. I agree with her thoughts about providing structures to engage staff and realising that during change there will always be difficulties but being prepared for this when it happens.  I also agree with her thoughts on sustaining change and there needing to be on-going professional learning in the are that is needing change.

Cheryl also talked about how to deal with the people who are resistant to change and about how it is not optional to be part of the journey but instead, asking the question "How can we help you with the journey?"

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.