Search

Blogging

• Public
Started by merryl 19 May 2017 12:13pm () Replies (10)

Hi

With easyblogger junior going and the iPad blog app gone how are people posting to their blogs using iPads? Is there another app for iPads?

Replies

• Helen King (View all users posts) 19 May 2017 12:23pm ()

Blog Touch Pro works. It is expensive but does work.

• merryl (View all users posts) 19 May 2017 12:33pm ()

Does it work for Blogger Blogs, Blogspot? Sorry may not have mentioned this?

• merryl (View all users posts) 19 May 2017 12:35pm ()

I've found it, thanks

• Helen King (View all users posts) 19 May 2017 12:36pm ()

Yes, it works for Blogger blogs

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 20 May 2017 5:24pm ()

Thank you for asking this question Merryl! I have been searching for an alternative as well, now that easy blogger jr is not working anymore. Really frustrating, especially with junior students!

Can you also use Blog Touch Pro to upload videos (like you could with easy blogger jr) into a blog post, Helen?

Thanks!

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 20 May 2017 6:28pm ()

Yes it does work with video, Marnel.

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 04 Jun 2017 2:39pm ()

Thank you Leigh! :-)

• Sheryl Nagels (View all users posts) 22 May 2017 9:05pm ()

Easyblogger is still available if you use their blogging platform. There's a free package for classrooms.Each student gets their own blog for the year. We still run class blogs and the teachers have put the link to each students blog on the class blog. Their post doesn't go into the blog roll but parents can click on their child's name and see their child's posts - and they can subscribe to them also. I spent hours coming up with a solution after the blogger version of Easyblog went and I'm happy with what we have now. The app looks and works exactly the same as the blogger version did so no new learning for kids. 

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 04 Jun 2017 2:47pm ()

Thank you for your feedback Sheryl! I am aware of this easy blogger option, however I am reluctant to use their blogging platform (as our students already have their own blogger blogs). A couple of years ago, I used Kidblog and things changed with them too... With Kidblog students were not able to carry their blogs to the next year level, which I think is also the case with the easy blogger platform, unless you pay for it... With blogger however, this is possible.

I am still hoping that something similar to easy blogger will become available for students to use again with their blogger blogs.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.