Search

iPad music group performance mix?

Started by Carol Kendall 18 Jul 2017 4:12pm () Replies (13)

I would love to try creating a small iPad music 'band', with perhaps 5 or 6 students on their own iPads, playing instruments. I am 'barely' a musician, and certainly don't know the terminology for the equipment I would need, but I think I would need to join each iPad with an audio cable, to some sort of mixer (?) (so we could control the balance of the instruments being played), and then into a speaker - could be mono or stereo? I have a large speaker that would be fine for now.

I don't want to rely on wifi or bluetooth connections, so I know I'll need to get the audio cables, and this will mean an issue with the length of the cables being adequate for people to be able to sit or stand apart to perform. More cost, too...

I would like to do something simple, but along the lines of North Point's iBand Christmas Performance. Or BHS's iPad band (with a lot fewer students)!

Is there anything available in New Zealand (mixer?, assuming that's what I need) that is under $200 that would do the job? Are any of you doing this with primary school children? 

Replies

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.